Dad’s Quick and Easy Shrimp Dip
With summer fast approaching, here is a tasty shrimp dip that is easy to make and is always popular with a crowd.
2 cans of tiny shrimp
16 ounce container of sour cream
1 package of dry onion soup mix
salt and pepper
Bag of Frito Corn Chip Scoops
1. Most important- we have found this must be served with Fritos corn chip scoops if you are preparing it for a crowd. There is much to be said for the combined flavors of salty corn chip crunch and shrimp! Veggies can also be served with the dip but the result is not quite as good.
2. Place two cans of small shrimp- well drained- into a large bowl. Mash them up!
3. Add in one package of dry onion soup powder.
4. Next spoon in one cup of sour cream and stir it all together – don’t add too much sour cream or it will be soupy- use your own judgement to get the texture right. You need slightly more than a cup, but you don’t want the dip to be creamy or runny. You want it rather thick.
5. Add two or three shakes of Tabasco sauce, two shakes of Worcestershire sauce, a little bit of ground pepper, a little bit of salt to taste- then stir it all again.
6. Put it into refrigerator covered with plastic wrap and let it sit for at least three hours.
7. Be careful not to test it until you are ready to serve or there won’t be any left.